Large dark gray pigeon with a white crown. Close looks reveal a pale eye and a red bill with a pale tip.
Stocky dark gray pigeon of the Caribbean. In good light the back of the neck has scaly-looking iridescent green feathers.
- Large pigeon.
- Slate gray overall.
- White cap on top of head, extending down to eye level.
- Iridescent green feathers on back of neck.
Immature DescriptionJuvenile lacks white cap; forehead is brownish white. Plumage is mostly gray, with pale edging on feathers of breast and upperparts. Eyes dusky.
- Both Sexes
- Length: 13.0-13.8 in (33-35 cm)
- Weight: 7.8-9.9 oz (220-280 g)
- Wingspan: 23.2 in (59 cm)
Need Bird ID Help? Try Merlin
Don't miss a thing! Join our email list
The Cornell Lab will send you updates about birds, birding, and opportunities to help bird conservation.