Grab your camera and win in new Facebook photo contest!
November 13, 2012
Note: This post refers to the 2012-2013 BirdSpotter contest. For the 2013-2014 contest, please visit Project FeederWatch.
As Project FeederWatch gets under way for its 26th season, we’re celebrating with a new photo contest sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods. The contest features weekly prizes for the photo that receives the most votes on the contest page in Facebook. At the end of FeederWatch season, we’ll hold a vote to determine the grand prize winner, who will win a trip for two to Oregon to go birding with Bob and tour the Red Mill, among other great prizes.
Each week’s contest features a theme for the photos. We’ll post the theme each Wednesday and you can begin uploading photos and/or voting for them immediately. Voting lasts until Sunday night, and we’ll announce the winner on Monday morning and contact them to send a prize package of tasty Bob’s Red Mill products and a few souvenirs from the Cornell Lab.
A few other notes on how the system works:
- Be sure to enter your photo on the contest tab. Photos uploaded to our main Facebook page won’t be voted on.
- Enter only one photo per week. Choose wisely!
- Photos don’t have to be taken the week of the contest, so you can look through your archives.
- You may vote for as many photos as you like, although you may only vote for each photo once (to avoid running up the score).
- When you enter a photo, you grant us permission to use it in the future (as with other Project FeederWatch photo submissions). Please be sure to upload only photos that are yours. Full contest rules are posted here.
- You don’t have to be a Project FeederWatch member to enter—but we hope you’ll join the project anyway!
A little more about those prizes (see the Rules page for the official prize listing):
- Weekly winners: prize pack containing four Bob’s Red Mill products (may include Steel Cut Oats, 7 Grain Pancake Mix, Black Bean Soup Mix, Whole Wheat Flour, Scottish Oatmeal, 10 Grain Pancake Mix, 13 Bean Soup, Muesli, Quick Steel Cut Oats, Buttermilk Pancake Mix, Whole Grains & Beans Soup Mix, or 10 Grain Cereal), either a hat or an apron, a membership to the Cornell Lab, Inside Birding DVD, Cornell Lab camera strap, Cornell Lab coffee mug, lens cloth.
- Third Place Grand Prize: Gift basket of Bob’s goodies, one of each of the three Bob’s product gift sets, Cornell Lab t-shirt, one bag of Birds & Beans Bird Friendly coffee.
- Second Place Grand Prize: Gift basket of BRM goodies, one of each of the three Bob’s product gift sets, product gift card for $100, Cornell Lab sweatshirt, one bag of Birds & Beans Bird Friendly Coffee.
- Grand Prize: Three-night trip for two to Portland. Hotel and airfare. Afternoon with Bob including Mill Tour and lunch at Mill Store. Day birding with NW birding group. Gift basket of Bob’s Red Mill goodies, one of each of the three Bob’s product gift sets, product gift card for $100, seat in Cornell Lab Courtship & Rivalry online course, Cornell Lab sweatshirt, Cornell Lab T-shirt, two bags of Birds & Beans Bird Friendly Coffee.
The theme for this first week of the contest: photos of your feeder setup (with or without birds). So grab your camera, get outside, and wow us! We’ll see you on Facebook for the voting!
All About Birds is a free resource
Available for everyone,
funded by donors like you