“Ding” Darling Days – 35th Annual
April 20, 2024 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Join us in 2024 for our annual “Ding” Darling Day. This year’s family-centric event will be making the “great migration” across the Causeway to Lakes Park in Fort Myers to bring the Refuge to our local communities and a wider audience. The move is part of a larger Refuge System-wide Urban Initiative.
SCHEDULE OF FREE ACTIVITIES
10 a.m. “Ding” Darling Day opens at Lakes Park. Check in at Welcome Table in Main Pavilion for free tours and information.
10 a.m. Urban Ranger-led Birding for Beginners: 30 minutes, 20-guest maximum
10 a.m. Caminata de Avistamiento de Aves: 30 minutos, 20 personas maximo
10 a.m. Bring-Your-Own-Bike Tour: 1-mile loop, 1 hour, 10-guest maximum
11 a.m. Mindfulness Walk: 30 minutes, 10-guest maximum
11 a.m. Lakes Park Heron Sculpture Unveiling, Shelter B-1
11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Free Southern SnoBalls: Main Pavilion, compliments of DDWS (while supplies last)
12 p.m. Ranger-led Urban Birding Walk: 30 minutes, 20-guest maximum
12 p.m. Caminata de Avistamiento de Aves: 30 minutos, 20 personas maximo
1 p.m. Nature Journaling with Artist in Residence Rachel Pierce: 1 hour, 15-guest maximum
FREE ONGOING ACTIVITIES 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
• WoW (Wildlife on Wheels) mobile interactive experience touring
• Dunk Tank in the Main Pavilion, see schedule of “celebrity dunkees” at tank and Welcome Table
• Wildlife Olympics, Main Pavilion
• Plein-Air Art Demos with Artist in Residence Rachel Pierce, Main Pavilion
• Conservation Carnival Games hosted by partnering exhibitors in tents around Pavilion.
• Earth Day crafts at WoW and in Main Pavilion
• Face Painting, Main Pavilion
• Selfie Station near Main Pavilion
• Prizes (ask at Welcome Table)
Admission to Wildlife Drive will be free to all that day.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Arts and Culture and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.
Visit www.dingdarlingdays.com for updates on events, information on sponsoring “Ding” Darling Day, or to sign up for e-mail update bulletins.
239-472-1100 ext. 237