Adirondack Loon Celebration
October 8, 2023 @ 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Join us for the 2023 Adirondack Loon Celebration at the Paul Smith’s College VIC from 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, October 8th. The celebration will include opportunities to learn about the natural history, ecology, and conservation of the Common Loon, as well as connect with a community of loon watchers in the Adirondacks. It will be a free, fun-filled day of activities including:
· A featured presentation by special guest Mark Pokras of the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
· Presentations by the Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation staff
· Live music and food from local vendors
· Children’s crafts, games, and activities
· Loon calling contest
· Recognition of Loon-Friendly Lakes in the Adirondacks
· Recognition of Lead Tackle Buy-Back retailers in the Adirondacks
· Raffle and silent auction
We look forward to seeing you at the celebration!
The Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation is a 501(c)3 non-profit that conducts scientific research and engaging educational programming to promote and inspire passion for the conservation of Common Loons (Gavia immer) in and beyond New York’s Adirondack Park.
To learn more about the Loon Celebration and the Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation visit www.adkloon.org or www.facebook.com/adkloon, or contact the Center at email@example.com or (518) 354-8636.