Pigeon Guillemot Photos and Videos
Medium-sized seabird with a thin bill. Breeding adults are entirely black with white wing patches.
Medium-sized seabird with a thin bill. Nonbreeding birds have smudgy black-and-white bodies with variable amounts of white on the head and underparts.
Black overall with white wing patches bisected by a black bar.
Black seabird of rocky coastlines with white wing patches.
Breeding birds have bright red legs and feet.
Nonbreeding birds have smudgy black-and-white bodies with variable amounts of white on the head and underparts. Found more often in sheltered inshore waters in winter.
- Medium-sized to small waterbird.
- Thin, straight bill.
- Large white wing patches crossed by black bar.
- Bright red feet.
- Relatively long, thick neck.
- All black with white wing patches in summer.
- Mostly white with dusky back in winter.
Immature DescriptionSimilar to nonbreeding adult, but with more mottling on head and neck, and black markings breaking the white wing patches.
- Both Sexes
- Length: 11.8-13.8 in (30-35 cm)
- Weight: 15.9-19.4 oz (450-550 g)
- Wingspan: 21.6-23.2 in (55-59 cm)
Don't miss a thing! Join our email list
The Cornell Lab will send you updates about birds, birding, and opportunities to help bird conservation.