Small dark gray seabird with a round head. With close views note pale eye, white crescent above the eye, and pale spot at the base of the bill.
Small dark gray seabird that shows a thin whitish stripe on the underwing in flight.
Small, chunky dark gray seabird with light gray flanks.
Small seabird with a small dark bill (pale base not always visible).
- Small seabird.
- Stocky, with round head and little neck.
- Dark gray above and below.
- White crescents above and below eyes.
- Short, thick, upturned bill, with pale base to lower mandible.
Immature DescriptionSimilar to adult.
- Both Sexes
- Length: 9.1 in (23 cm)
- Weight: 5.3-7.0 oz (150-200 g)
Don't miss a thing! Join our email list
The Cornell Lab will send you updates about birds, birding, and opportunities to help bird conservation.