- This event has passed.
Rookery Bay Festival of Birds
January 1 - January 31
Join Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve and partners in January for the 2022 Festival of Birds. All month long, festival participants can enjoy online, expert speaker presentations and virtual live adventures.
This 18th Annual event is hybrid, so you can join Rookery Bay Research Reserve from wherever you are! A Festival Pass is required to attend the field trips and lectures and includes free admission to the Environmental Learning Center all month long!
Included with your Festival of Birds Pass – $45
• 9 Featured Speakers: Audrey DeRose-Wilson, Rochelle Streker, Rebekah Snyder, Jason Fidorra, Renee Wilson, Brittany Piersma, Adam DiNuovo, Collette Lauzau, and Jerry Jackson
• Keynote Presentation: David & Tammy McQuade, “Birding Coast to Coast: The Life of a Big Year Birder”
• Virtual EDscursions: Live from the Field, 11:00–11:45 am, 1/11, 1/19, and 1/26. Join Rookery Bay Research Reserve staff behind the scenes to observe how species and habitats in the Reserve are monitored and conserved for future generations.
• Trivia Time: 1/31, 2:00–2:45 pm
• FREE Admission to Environmental Learning Center
• Children’s Book Author Signing
• Bird Banding Demonstration
• 15% Discount on Eco-Tours: kayak and boat tours at Rookery Bay Research Reserve
• Access to 24 trips to Area Hotspots (additional fees may apply): boardwalk tours, kayak trips, sunset cruises, swamp buggy rides, birding walks, car caravans. Hotspots include Big Cypress Nature Preserve, Bunche Beach Preserve, Clam Pass Park, Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, Donna Fiala Eagle Lakes Community Park, Harns Marsh, Rookery Bay Research Reserve, and Tigertail Beach.
- Step 1 – Purchase Your Festival Pass
- Step 2 – Use Your unique Festival Code to Register for Each Lecture/Event
- Step 3 – Use Your unique Eco-Tour Code to Receive 15% Off Boat and Kayak Tours