- This event has passed.
Ohio Valley Birding Festival
April 22 @ 8:00 am - April 23 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Ohio Valley Birding Festival is a two-day event in April with some awesome bird watching and hiking. Evansville Audubon Society in cooperation with Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve and John James Audubon State Park in Henderson, Kentucky, are sponsors.
Activities include the following:
- Hikes led by birding experts at Audubon Wetlands, John James Audubon State Park, Patoka River, and Eagle Slough
- “Raptors Wild!” live birds of prey shown by Talon Trust, raptor rescue and rehab professionals
- Family Birding Fun!—”Make-N-Take Birdfeeders and Bird Callers,” plus the “Great Migration Challenge” giant board game
- “Owl Puke—Yuck! Or Not?” owl pellet dissections
- “Basic Birding 101” class to get you started on birding skills
- “Hands-on Bird Banding” opportunity for citizen-science and close-up photography of birds
- “Junior Birders Hike” in John James Audubon State Park for ages 8-18 and their parents