Friends of Goose Pond Marsh Madness Sandhill Crane and Migratory Bird Festival
- This event has passed.
February 24, 2023 – February 25, 2023
Friends of Goose Pond is proud to present the 14th annual Marsh Madness Sandhill Crane Festival, celebrating the spring migration of Sandhill Cranes, Whooping Cranes, and numerous waterfowl to the Goose Pond Fish and Wildlife Area, a 9000-acre wetland complex south of Linton, Indiana.
Marsh Madness features a variety of cultural, educational, and wildlife conservation-oriented experiences. There’s something for everyone: migrating cranes and waterfowl, wetland driving tours, educational exhibits at the Goose Pond Visitors Center, wildlife art display, and family and kid’s nature activities.
The festival will kick off Friday night (visit our website for more details about kick-off activities). Saturday festivities are at theRoy Clark Building, Humphrey’s Park, Linton, Indiana:
Saturday February 25th:
- Pick up maps for self-guided driving tours (7:30am – 7:00pm)
- Day-of tips where bird guides are posted
- Nature scavenger hunt with prizes
- “Wonderful Whooping Cranes of Indiana” presented by the International Crane Foundation (9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Build a birdhouse (10:00am – 2:00pm)
- Hands-on nature learning table
- Marsh Madness cool merchandise available
- Wilkes Food Truck on-site for breakfast and lunch (8:00am – 4:00pm)
Contact: email@example.com or visit our website or Facebook page (Friends of Goose Pond).