33rd Annual “Ding” Darling Days
April 24 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Update: The 33rd Annual “Ding” Darling Days in 2021 has been postponed to April 24, 2022, due to COVID.
Join us in 2022 for our annual “Ding” Darling Day. This year’s family-centric event will be making the “great migration” across the Causeway to Lakes Park in Fort Myers to bring the Refuge to our local communities and a wider audience. The move is part of a larger Refuge System-wide Urban Initiative.
SCHEDULE OF FREE ACTIVITIES
10 a.m. “Ding” Darling Day opens at Lakes Park. Check in at Welcome Table in Main Pavilion for free tours and information.
10 a.m. Urban Birding for Beginners: 30 minutes, 20-guest maximum
10 a.m. Caminata de Avistamiento de Aves: 30 minutos, 20 personas maximo
10 a.m. Bring-Your-Own-Bike Tour: 1-mile loop, 1 hour, 10-guest maximum
11 a.m. Mindfulness Walk: 30 minutes, 10-guest maximum
11 a.m. Lakes Park Heron Sculpture Unveiling, Shelter B-1
11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Free Southern SnoBalls: Main Pavilion, compliments of DDWS (while supplies last)
12 p.m. Ranger Birding Walk: 30 minutes, 20-guest maximum
12 p.m. Caminata de Avistamiento de Aves: 30 minutos, 20 personas maximo
1 p.m. Nature Journaling with Artist in Residence Rachel Pierce: 1 hour, 15-guest maximum
FREE ONGOING ACTIVITIES 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• WoW (Wildlife on Wheels) mobile interactive experience touring
• Dunk Tank in the Main Pavilion, see schedule of “celebrity dunkees” at tank and Welcome Table
• Wildlife Olympics, Main Pavilion
• Plein-Air Art Demos with Artist in Residence Rachel Pierce, Main Pavilion
• Conservation Carnival Games hosted by partnering exhibitors in tents around Pavilion.
• 2021 “Ding” Darling Day Amateur Nature Photo Contest Winners Display, • Main Pavilion
• Nature crafts at WoW and in Main Pavilion
• Selfie Station near Main Pavilion
• Prizes (ask at Welcome Table)
Admission to Wildlife Drive will be free to all that day.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Arts and Culture and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.
Visit www.dingdarlingdays.com for updates on events, information on sponsoring “Ding” Darling Day, or to sign up for e-mail update bulletins.
239-472-1100 ext. 237